- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
Use orders are designed to track inventory when it is off-site but has not been sold. For example, trade shows, research or testing, promotions, etc.
Use Order Detail View
- Use Site
- The site from which the items were used will be hyperlinked here.
- Use Case
- The specific use case for the order will be displayed here.
- The use case must be setup in LOCATE before it may be selected in this list.
- For more information about use cases, continue here.
- Issue Date and By
- View the date on which the use order was issued and by whom.
- Line Items
- View the line type, status, part number, part name, perform pick flag, location and quantity for each line item.
- For more information on line items, continue here.
- View and edit all information related to the use order. This information may only be edited if the order is in an unissued status.
- Memos may also be added here.
Any operations records linked to the current order will be displayed in this sub-tab. This will include picks, packs, shipments, and pickups. Associated tracking numbers will be displayed here and hyperlinked to the external shipping website, such as FedEx or UPS.
- While a record cannot be created from this page, records are hyperlinked for quick access to that specific record in the appropriate module.
This sub-tab allow you to upload and download any pertinent documents you wish to associate with a use order. See our Documents page for instructions on how to upload and download documents in LOCATE.
Any reports associated to the Use Orders Module will appear in this sub-tab.
- For more information on associating reports, continue here.
Any custom fields pertaining to a useorder will reside in this tab. If a custom field is required, it will be necessary to fill out when creating a use order.
- To learn more about custom fields, continue here.
- Issue Use Order - Once the use order is ready for processing, you will need to issue it. Issuing a use order will either create a pick, remove inventory or consume inventory, depending on the selections chosen.
- Unissue Use Order - This action prevents items on the use order from being eligible for picking, and allows the user to make changes.
- Audit - View a history of modifications made to the use order record, including the user who make the modification and when.
- Delete Use Order - Removes the use order record from the list view and archives the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone form the list view.
Create Use Order
- Navigate to the Use Orders Module and click New Use Order.
- Site - Select the site from which the inventory is to be pulled. This may be a standard or vendor type site.
- Use Case - This is the reason for the use order, such as a conference or trade show. Use cases must first be setup in the Use Cases Module to be selected here.
- Ship Use Order - If the use order is to be shipped, select "Yes" to expose the shipping address fields.
- Custom Fields - Complete custom fields as desired. If there are any required custom fields, they must be completed in order to save the record.
- Click Save.
- You will be redirected to the unissued use order where you may add line items, edit details, upload documents, view related records, run reports or add custom fields as desired.
Issue/Unissue Use Order
Once a use order is ready to be processed, it will need to be issued. Issuing a use order prevents adding items or editing order details, and the inventory quantities will be updated accordingly. The order will remain in the issued status until it has been checked in.
Issue Use Order
- Navigate to the use order to be issued.
- Open the Actions menu and select Issue Use Order.
If the items are flagged to be picked they will be queued in the Picking Module. If the order is to be shipped, you will be prompted to pack, ship and pickup once the pick has been completed.
Unissue Use Order
- Navigate to the use order to be issued.
- Open the Actions menu and select Unissue Use Order.
Check In Use Order
Items on use orders must be checked in when they are done with use. You may either Check In an item to return to the warehouse, or Consume an item to signal that the item will not be returned to the warehouse.
- Navigate to the appropriate use order.
- Click onto the Check In sub-tab.
- Enter the quantity to check in or consume.
- If you are simply returning the items to the warehouse, click Check In. Otherwise, if the items will not be returning to the warehouse, click Consume, and when prompted click Yes.
- Parts with tracking will prompt you to specify which tracking values are being checked in.
Delete Use Order
Use orders may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Action Menu, or:
- Navigate to the use order you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Use Order.
- When prompted, click Yes.
Use orders that have been issued may not be deleted.