Email Accounts & Log
- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
- Attribute Sets | Carriers | Carton Types | Countries | Currency | Custom Lists | Database Users | Discounts | Email Accounts & Log | Email Templates | Fees | FOB Points | Imports | Payment Methods | Payment Terms | Pricing Rules | Printers | Salespeople | Services | Shipping Terms | Sites | Units of Measure | Use Cases | Users
The email accounts from which users will send correspondence are created and managed here in the Email Accounts & Log module.
For information on sending emails in LOCATE, continue here.
Accounts List View
- Accounts may be sorted on Email, Username and Status by clicking the filter heading. You may filter for accounts that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator on the profile page.
- Quick Action
- Delete Account - Remove the email account from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from the list view.
Log List View
If an email template was used for a particular email event, the template will be listed and hyperlinked for easy access.
- The log may be sorted on Date, Status, Failure Details, Sent From Address, Source, Recipient(s), Event and Event Template by clicking the filter heading. You may filter for log events that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search.
Email Profile Page
The email account will be the main sub-tab. Here, you may view the account email, username, and other smtp information. To edit this information, simply click Edit Details.
- The full email address will be displayed here. This should match the email address of the account to which you are connecting.
- The username with which you login to your email account is displayed here.
- Note: Not all email clients require a separate email username. If you do not have a specific username, then it will be the same as your email address.
- The password for the email address will be stored here, and is not visible once saved.
- Host Address
- The host address for the email provider you use will be displayed here. For example, the host address for GMail will typically be "smtp.gmail.com".
- The port under your email provider's server settings will be displayed here. For example, GMail will typically be "587".
- Note that some email providers have different limits for different ports, so if you are experiencing an issue with one port, they may be able to provide alternatives.
- The encryption type for your email provider's server settings will be displayed here. For example, GMail will typically be "tls".
- View and edit the details and login information for the email account.
- Here you may run an SMTP test to ensure that the information is correct and that the account is communicating correctly with your email server.
Here you may view and modify the access control list for email accounts.
- Read - Determines whether or not the user can see the email or use it when sending an email.
- Update - Determines whether or not the user can edit the email account.
- Delete - Determines whether or not the user can remove the email account.
- Manage - Determines whether or not the user can change these access controls for this account.
For more information on access control lists, in LOCATE continue here.
- Delete Email Account - Remove the email address from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from the list view.
Create Email Account
Note: the host, port and encryption settings for your email will depend on the server settings of your email provider (i.e.: MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo!, AOL, etc.).
If you are using Google, you will first need to have an active Google Mail service setup in LOCATE. For instructions on how to setup a service in LOCATE, continue here.
- Navigate to Setup > Email Accounts & Log
- Click the New Email Account button
- Enter the following information:
- Email - Enter your full email address.
- Username - This is the username used to login to LOCATE.
- Email Service - If this is a Google Mail account, select your Google Mail service and click Save. If you are using any other type of mail server, leave this blank and proceed to the next step.
- Allow Insecure Connection - This is only recommended if you are experiencing issues with the SSL certificate for your email server, and should only be used as a final step.
- Password - Enter the password for your email address.
- Host Address - Find the address under your email server's settings. For example, GMail will typically be "smtp.gmail.com".
- Port - Find the port under your email server's settings. For example, GMail will typically be "587".
- Encryption - Find the encryption under your email server's settings. For example, GMail will typically be "tls".
- Click Save.
- To ensure your settings were correctly entered, click the Run SMTP Test button.
- You will receive a message indicating correct or incorrect validation. Carefully re-enter your password if you receive a failure message, as this is the most common issue preventing a successful email test.
Delete Email Account
Email accounts may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Actions Menu, or:
- Navigate to the email account you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Account.
- When prompted, click Yes.