- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
Vendors are companies that supply goods, materials or services. In the Vendors module, you may manage existing vendors or create new ones. Vendors may have associated parts, or added to vendor groups. Purchase orders may be created directly from the customer's profile page.
- Vendors may be sorted on Name, Number, Account Number and Last Modified date by clicking the filter heading. You may also type in the text field or select an option from the drop-down list to filter for a specific vendor or vendors that match specific criteria. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator in the profile page view.
- Quick Action
- Create Purchase Order - Opens the Purchase Orders module and creates a new purchase order associated to the selected vendor.
- Delete Vendor - Remove the vendor record from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from list detail view.
You can adjust the amount of records shown by scrolling to the bottom of the page and changing the number shown. Clicking on a specific record takes you to the vendor profile page.
Vendor Profile Page
The vendor's name will be the title of the main sub-tab. This page displays the vendor's default details and account statistics. No information can be edited from this page.
- Vendor Number
- The vendor number is the primary unique identifier for vendor accounts.
- Vendor Account Number
- The vendor account number is your account number assigned by the vendor.
- Default Vendor Details
- Other details such as website, email, phone, and main address will populate under the account number as information in the vendor account is filled in.
- Quick view of the purchase order history for that vendor for all time.
- Clicking the View Quotes hyperlink brings you to the Orders sub-tab in the Vendor module.
- Lists the top selling parts for a specific vendor as well as how many units have been purchased and the last cost.
- Company Contacts
- Up to three contacts associated with the vendor are listed at the bottom of the page.
- Clicking View All will take you to the contacts sub-tab of the Vendor module.
- Clicking Add New will allow you to enter a new contact directly from the profile page.
- Number - The internal account number for the vendor.
- Vendor Status - Vendor status may be Active, Hold All, Hold Purchases, or Hold Receipt. Status is for internal reference only.
- Lead Time and Lead Time UOM - Add a standard lead time for fulfillment of purchase orders from the vendor.
- Account Number - This is the account number supplied to you by the vendor.
- URL - Enter and save the URL you want to see on the vendor profile page.
- FOB Point - Enter the vendor's default FOB point. For more information on creating FOB points, continue here.
- Default Shipping Terms - Enter the vendor's default shipping terms.If this field is completed, it will be automatically added to purchase orders for this vendor. For more information on managing shipping terms, continue here.
- Alert Note - Any text entered here will be shown in a banner at the top of the Vendor module and on any purchase orders for that customer.
- Accounting Details
- Minimum Order Amount - Enter the vendor's minimum order requirement. If a purchase order does not meet the minimum, the user will be unable to issue the purchase order.
- Credit Limit - Enter the vendor's credit limit. If a purchase order exceeds the credit limit, the user will be unable to issue the purchase order.
- Default Payment Terms - Enter the vendor's default payment terms. If this field is completed, it will be automatically added to purchase orders for this vendor. For more information on managing payment terms, continue here.
- Vendor Aliases
- Vendor aliases may be used to indicate another name or acronym that is associated with a vendor.
- To add a new alias, enter the alias name in the text box and click Add Alias.
The Address Book sub-tab allows you to view, add, and edit email addresses, phone numbers, or addresses associated with the vendor. Each section may be sorted and filtered by specific data.
- Phone Numbers
This section displays all phone numbers and extensions associated to the account, and includes the following types: Main Line, Direct Line, Cell Phone, Other, Home, and Fax.
- The vendor may have one default phone number (regardless of the type), which is indicated by a green check-mark. This default phone number will display on the vendor profile page, and purchase orders.
- Email Addresses
This section displays all email addresses associated to the account, and includes the following types: Work, Home and Other.
- The vendor may have one default email address (regardless of the type), which is indicated by a green check-mark. This default email address will display on the vendor profile page, and purchase orders.
This section displays all physical addresses associated to the account, and includes the following types: Shipping, Billing, Other and Remit.
- Multiple addresses can be added, however only one default is allowed (regardless of type). This address will populate as the Remit To address on purchase orders.
Visit the Addresses page for detailed information on how to input phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses.
View and edit notes pertaining to the vendor.
- Notes are used for internal reference only.
- Entered notes may be filtered or sorted.
- You may modify a specific note by clicking the Edit or Delete button.
- Enter a New Note
- Type the note in the text box with "Start typing a new note..." prompt.
- Click Save Note.
- There is no character limit, however special formatting is not supported.
- All of the purchase orders associated to the vendor are displayed in this sub-tab. Order numbers are hyperlinked and will redirect to the Purchase Orders module.
- Purchase Orders
- New Purchase Order - Click the New Purchase Order button to create a purchase order with the vendor information pre-populated on the new purchase order form.
- Action - Expand this menu to clone a purchase order, delete a purchase order, or issue a purchase order.
This sub-tab allow you to upload and download any pertinent documents you wish to associate with a vendor.
- For example, storing a price agreement, forms that the vendor requires for purchasing, or instructional documents specific to the vendor.
- See our Documents page for instructions on how to upload and download documents in LOCATE.
- The contact type and vendor name fields will automatically populate with the associated information when a contact is added directly from the Vendors module.
- Visit our Contacts page to learn more about adding a contact.
- Any custom fields pertaining to vendors will reside in this tab. If a custom field is required, it will be necessary to fill out when creating a vendor.
- Click here to learn more about custom fields.
Here you may view and manage vendor parts and groups.
- Parts - View and add vendor part numbers.
- Groups - View and manage groups to which the vendor is assigned.
- Create Purchase Order - Opens the Purchase Orders module and creates a new purchase order associated to the vendor.
- Audit - View the history of modifications made to the vendor record, including the user who made the modification and when.
- Delete Purchase Order - Remove the vendor record from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from list view.
Create New Vendor
- Open the Purchasing module category and select Vendors.
- Click New Vendor in the upper left corner.
- Name - Vendor names do not have to be unique, however it is not recommended to have multiple vendors with the same name.
- Account Number - This number can be manually entered or will automatically generate a number incremented from the last account number used. Account numbers must be unique, but may include numbers and letters.
- Click Save.
- If you do not wish to complete creating a vendor or want to clear out the fields, simply click away from the record, and none of the partial information will be saved.
Once a vendor has been created, you may access the various sub-tabs to fill in any additional details, notes, custom fields, etc.
Manage Vendor Parts
If a vendor has a custom part number, order quantity restrictions, or pricing, you may store that information in the Vendors Module. Once a part has been added to a particular vendor, you may quickly reference the information from the Parts Module as well.
- Navigate to the vendor for which you would like to store part numbers.
- Click Manage and select Parts.
- Part - select the internal part to which these details should be associated. Note that the part must have been previously created in LOCATE.
- Vendor Part Number - enter the part number provided by the vendor.
- Price - enter the unit price provided by the vendor.
- Vendor Part UOM - select the UOM in which the vendor sells this item.
- Min Order Qty and Max Order Qty - here you may specify minimum or maximum quantities that the vendor requires.
- Lead Time - enter the standard lead time for this item. This field is optional.
- Lead Time UOM - enter the UOM for the lead time. This field is required if you enter a lead time.
- Click Add Vendor Part.
The part will appear in the list below, and may be edited or deleted with the respective buttons. The part number will be hyperlinked to quickly redirect you to the Parts Module.
Delete a Vendor
- Select the vendor you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Vendor.
- When prompted, click Yes.