These parts allow you to include the shipping costs to orders in LOCATE, to accurately record landed costs. These parts are mapped to specific transactional accounts in your accounting software. Ex: If you purchase a shirt at $10, but there's an additional $2 in shipping, then the landed cost is $12 for that shirt, so you should charge customers accordingly.
Create Shipping Part
- Navigate to the Parts Module and click New (+) Part.
- Part Type - Select Shipping from the drop-down menu.
- Number - Enter a part number, or leave blank to auto-generate.
- Name - Enter the name of the part.
- Description - This is optional.
- Sale Price - Enter the unit price for this part.
- Custom Fields - The available custom fields will be unique to your setup. For more information about custom fields in LOCATE, continue here.
- Click Save.
- If you are creating multiple new parts, click Save and New to be redirected to a fresh part create screen.