These parts allow you to include the service costs into the overall cost of a part and may be mapped to specific transactional accounts in your accounting software. Ex: including the cost to have your vendor paint a part for you.
Create Service Part
- Navigate to the Parts Module and click New (+) Part.
- Part Type - Select Service from the drop-down menu.
- Number - Enter a part number, or leave blank to auto-generate.
- Name - Enter the name of the part.
- Description - This is optional.
- Sale Price - Enter the unit price for this part.
- Stocking UOM - Select the appropriate unit of measure for this part. For more information about managing units of measure, continue here.
- Default Vendor - Selecting a default vendor here. For more information about vendors in LOCATE, continue here.
- Cost - If there is a standard cost for the service, enter it here.
- Attribute Set - If the part has certain characteristics such as color or length, associate them by selecting an attribute set. If the attribute set does not already exist, use the plus (+) sign to create a new attribute set. For more information about attribute sets, continue here.
- Custom Fields - The available custom fields will be unique to your setup. For more information about custom fields in LOCATE, continue here.
- Click Save.
- If you are creating multiple new parts, click Save and New to be redirected to a fresh part create screen.