- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
- Attribute Sets | Carriers | Carton Types | Countries | Currency | Custom Lists | Database Users | Discounts | Email Accounts & Log | Email Templates | Fees | FOB Points | Imports | Payment Methods | Payment Terms | Pricing Rules | Printers | Salespeople | Services | Shipping Terms | Sites | Units of Measure | Use Cases | Users
Salespeople are assigned sales-related permissions and statistics. The Salespeople Module allows you to view a salesperson's account statistics, as well as set and modify commissions. A salesperson does not have to be a LOCATE user.
- Salespeople can be sorted on Name or Email Address by clicking the filter heading. You may filter for salespeople who match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator on the profile page.
- Quick Action
- Delete Salesperson - This action removes the salesperson record from LOCATE. This cannot be undone from the list detail view.
Clicking on a specific record takes you to the main profile page of that salesperson.
The salesperson's name will be the main title of the page.
This sub-tab displays details of the salesperson's information, commission and account statistics.
- User Details and Commission
- The user details displays the name and email of the salesperson.
- Commission rate and goal are displayed below and are affected by commission rules.
- Click Edit Salesperson to make modifications.
- Account Statistics
- The account statistics of a salesperson display the amount of open orders, closed orders, and top five selling parts.
- Visit the Account Statistics page for more information on the meaning of each statistic and how it is calculated.
Here you may view the customers to whom the salesperson has sold parts to.
- Customers may be filtered and sorted by Name, Customer Type, Number, Email and Phone.
- Customer names are hyperlinked for quick access to the Customers Module.
- Any custom fields pertaining to salespeople will reside in this tab. If a custom field is required, it will be necessary to complete when creating a salesperson.
- To learn more about custom fields, continue here.
- Audit - The Audit sub-tab provides information about changes and events made to a salesperson record and which user made those changes.
- Delete Salesperson - Removes the salesperson record from the list view in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from the list detail view.
- Click the New Salesperson button.
- User - If the salesperson is also a user, begin typing the name in the text box. Select the user's name from the type-ahead list. The first and last name, as well as the email will autocomplete. This field is optional.
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address - Salespeople who are not users will need to have their name and email address inputted.
- If the salesperson is a company, use these fields to denote the company name and email address.
- Commission Rate - This the percentage of sales that will be given to the salesperson. This field is not required.
- Commission Goal - This is the dollar amount a salesperson is expected to meet in sales orders. This field is not required.
- Click Save and New or Save
Salespeople may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Action Menu, or:
- Navigate to the salesperson you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Salesperson.
- When prompted, click Yes.
Sales orders that have been issued may not be deleted.