- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
- Attribute Sets | Carriers | Carton Types | Countries | Currency | Custom Lists | Database Users | Discounts | Email Accounts & Log | Email Templates | Fees | FOB Points | Imports | Payment Methods | Payment Terms | Pricing Rules | Printers | Salespeople | Services | Shipping Terms | Sites | Units of Measure | Use Cases | Users
The Payment Methods module allows you to set up and manage the accepted payment methods available to your company. These will be necessary to apply payments to sales orders, either applied manually or via an eCommerce service integration.
- Payment methods may be sorted on Name and Description by clicking the filter heading. You may filter for payment methods that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator on the profile page.
- Quick Action
- Delete Payment Method - Remove the payment method record from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from the list detail view.
Clicking on a specific record takes you to the profile page of that payment method.
Payment Method Profile Page
The payment method name will be the title of the profile page and the Details tab is the main sub-tab. To edit this information, simply click Edit Details.
- The name of the payment method will be displayed here.
- Uses Credit Card
- Here you may select whether or not the payment method uses a credit card.
- If you would like to add a description to the payment method, it would be displayed here.
- View and edit all of the information for the payment method.
The Account Map sub-tab is displayed in a list view, with each accounting service integration listed. The accounts may be sorted on Name or Service. The Name field will specify which type of account the payment method may be mapped to, and only those types of accounts will be available to choose from in the Account field.
- Here you will specify to which account the payment method should map when syncing with your accounting software.
- If the payment method was imported from an eCommerce site, it will alert the user to map an account for it.
- For more information on service integrations, continue here.
Any custom fields pertaining to a payment term will reside in this tab. If a custom field is required, it will be necessary to fill out when creating a payment term.
- To learn more about payment terms, continue here.
- Delete Payment Term - Removes the payment term from the list view and archives the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone in the list view.
Create Payment Method
- Click New Payment Method in the upper left corner.
- Uses Credit Card - Select whether or not the payment method uses a credit card to process.
- Click Save.
- If you are adding multiple payment methods at once, click Save And New to save the current record and be redirected to a fresh create screen.
Map Payment Method to Account
- Navigate to the payment method to which you would like to map a specific account.
- Click onto the Account Map sub-tab.
- Click Edit next to the desired service integration.
- In the Account field, select the desired account.
- Click Save.
Delete Payment Method
Payment methods may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Action Menu, or:
- Navigate to the payment method you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Payment Method.
- When prompted, click Yes.