- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
- 1 General
- 2 List View
- 3 Part Profile Page
- 4 Module Navigation Bar
- 5 Part Types
- 6 Manage Account Mapping
- 7 Manage Measurements
- 8 Manage Order Add-ons
- 9 Manage Site Details/Reorder Points
- 10 Manage Part Substitutes
- 11 Manage Tracking
- 12 Clone Part
- 13 Archive Part
- 14 Unarchive Part
LOCATE defines a part as an item or group of items which may be purchased, built, and/or sold. Parts may be configured to include labor and service costs.
- Parts may be sorted on Number, Name, Description, Part Type, Groups, Price, UOM, Last Modified date and Date Created by toggling the filter heading. You may filter for parts that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator in the detail view.
- To see archived parts, click the drop-down button next to Clear Filters and select "Show Archived Parts". These will appear in the list view with a yellow highlight band.
- Advanced Search
- Click the magnifying glass in the upper left corner of the column header bar to open the Advanced Search feature. This allows you to search for part records based on more specific information, including the following:
- Standard Fields
- Name, Number, Type, Attribute Set, Parent Part, Alert Note, UPC, Deconstructable status, Drop Ship, Default Vendor, Light Manufactured status, Show Archived Parts option, and Show Configurable Child Bundles option.
- Selecting an Attribute Set will open additional fields to filter down to a specific attribute within that set.
- Custom Fields
- These may be managed in the Settings menu. Click here for more information about custom fields.
- Quick Action
- Clone Part - Creates a duplicated part that differs only in part name and part number.
- Archive Part - Remove the part record from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action may be undone from the list view.
Clicking on a specific record takes you to the main profile of that part.
Part Profile Page
- Here you may upload an image of the part.
- This section will display the main details of the part, including number, name, type and UOM.
- Clicking View will redirect you to the Details tab.
- Whether or not the part is subject to tracking will be displayed here.
- Clicking View will redirect you to the Tracking page from the Manage menu.
- A short list of inventory by site will be displayed here, along with the on hand, available for sale, available for pick, allocated, committed and on order quantities.
- Top Customers
- Here you may view the ten (10) customers who purchase this part most frequently in the last 365 days.
- Top Vendors
- Here you may view the ten (10) vendors from whom you purchase this part most frequently in the last 365 days.
- Sales/Purchasing History by Month
- The number of parts sold and the number of parts purchased over the last 30 days are displayed graphically.
- The user may choose whether they would prefer to view a line chart or bar chart.
- Here you may view the groups to which the part has been associated.
- Clicking the plus symbol will redirect you to to the Groups page from the Manage menu.
Availability of the sub-tabs and actions outlined below depends on the type of part selected.
- Part Information
- Available For: all part types.
View and edit descriptive details for the part here, such as name, sale price, UPC, default vendor, etc. Not all fields will be available for every part type.
- For more information about drop-ship qualities continue here.
- For more information about outsourcing parts and services, continue here.
- Once a part has been created you may not edit the Part Type, Stocking UOM, Serialized/Expirable Status, or Last Cost.
- Light manufacturing indicates whether the raw parts will be consumed to create a bundled.
- Pre-packed will determine whether or not the part will start in its own carton during packing. Note that one pack per part will be created, so if there is a quantity of 5 parts orders, there will be 5 individual cartons created at the packing stage.
- Allow Part on Orders
Here, users may set what types of orders this part may be added to. This is particularly helpful if there are parts which shouldn't be sold, or cannot be returned.
- Click Edit Order Settings to make changes.
- Customs & Hazardous Materials
Customs and Hazardous Materials information may be displayed by turning them on in your Company Settings.
- Barcode Settings
This setting determines the quantity of part barcodes to print when running the Part Labels Reports (Part Labels by PO, Part Labels by Receipt, and Part Labels by SO) in LOCATE.
- No Label - No labels will be printed.
- One Per Quantity - This will print one part barcode per line item quantity. For example, if the line item quantity is 10, you will receive 10 barcodes.
- One Per Line - This will print one part barcode per part line, regardless of the line item quantity. This setting is helpful for labeling a single box which contains multiples of that part.
- Attribute Set Details
Attribute set information will be displayed if the part is an Inventory Bundle, Collection, or Configurable part. For more information about attribute sets, continue here.
- Available For: all part types.
View and edit notes pertaining to the part.
- Notes are for internal use only and will not be displayed on order documents.
- Entered notes may be filtered or sorted.
- You may also modify a specific note by clicking the Edit or Delete button.
- Enter a New Note
- Type the note in the text box with "Start typing a new note..." prompt.
- Click Save Note.
- There is no character limit, however special formatting is not supported.
- Available For: Inventory - Collection part types.
The Collection Items sub-tab displays all of the individual parts which are included in the collection.
- Collection items may be created and managed on this sub-tab.
- Available For: Inventory - Configurable part types.
The Components sub-tab displays all of the components which are included in the configurable part.
- Components may be created and associated to specific parts on this sub-tab.
- Available For: Inventory - Configurable part types.
The Children sub-tab displays all of the child bundles which were generated from the configurable part.
- Children are created at the time of sale or built to stock. After creation, they may be managed on this sub-tab.
- Available For: Inventory - Bundle part types.
The Bundle sub-tab displays the individual parts, or bundle items, which are included in the bundle part.
- Bundle items may be added and managed on this sub-tab.
- Available For: Alias, Inventory, and Non-Inventory part types.
- Here you may view the sites and locations in which the inventory currently resides, as well as the quantities. Note that alias parts display the inventory values and locations of the parent part. For more information about inventory quantities, continue here.
- Clicking the magnifying glass next to Allocated or On Order quantities will open a detail page listing all orders to which the part has been allocated.
- In the lower left corner you may specify how many decimal places you would like to view for your quantities, depending on your stocking UOM.
- Clicking Go to Inventory will redirect you to the part profile page in the Inventory Module.
- Available For: Alias, Capital Equipment, Gift Cards, Inventory, Bundle, Configurable, Non-Inventory, Service and Supplies part types.
- Here you may view all order records onto which this part was added, and use hyperlinks to quickly navigate to the full order record.
- Order types include purchase orders, sales orders, transfer orders, use orders, return orders and work orders.
- Each order grouping may be sorted on Order Number, Recipient, Status, Issued and Qty On Order. Use orders may also be sorted by Use Case, and both return orders and work orders may be sorted by Type.
- Available For: all part types.
This sub-tab allow you to upload and download any pertinent documents you wish to associate with a part. See our Documents page for instructions on how to upload and download documents in LOCATE.
- Available For: all part types.
Any reports associated to the Parts module will appear in this sub-tab.
- For more information on associating reports, continue here.
- Available For: all part types.
Any custom fields pertaining to a part will reside in this tab. If a custom field is required, it will be necessary to fill out when creating a part.
- To learn more about custom fields, continue here.
- Access - Opens the part-specific Access Control List to allow users to manage the ACLs for individual parts.
- Account Mapping - Opens the ability to individual parts to specific transactional accounts. For more information about the Chart of Accounts in LOCATE, continue here.
- Associations - This sub-tab displays any bills of materials, bundles, or part aliases associated to a specific part. Records are hyperlinked for quick access.
- Customer/Vendor Parts - Here you may manage vendor-specific and customer-specific part numbers for individual parts. In order to add new parts, you will need to navigate to the appropriate module, open the Manage menu and select Parts.
- Groups - Opens the ability to add or remove parts from groups.
- Measurements - Define measurement details of the part, such as weight, dimension or unit conversion.
- Order Add-ons - When the part is added to an order, you may define any additional parts which should be included.
- Site Details/Reorder Points - Here you may specify default sites, and the quantities at which the part should be reordered.
- Substitutes - When the part is unavailable, you may specify parts which may be used in lieu of the unavailable part.
- Tracking - Here you may manage tracking details for individual inventory parts.
- Clone Part - Create a copy of an existing part along with the part details. The part number and inventory quantities will not be included on the new part.
- Create Part Alias - Quickly create an alias part (different name, number and price for the same physical part) directly within the Parts Module.
- Build to Stock - Inventory - Bundle parts which are light manufactured may be pre-built and stocked in inventory.
- Deconstruct Part - Use this Action for light manufactured Inventory - Bundle parts which you would like to dismantle and use the components individually.
- Audit - View the history of modifications made to the part, including the user who made the modification and when.
- Archive Part - Removes the part from the list view and archives the record in LOCATE. This action may be undone in the list view.
Click the following links to learn more about each of the part types available, and how to manage them in LOCATE.
- Alias parts give you the ability to sell one part under a different name, price and description. An alias part must be associated to a preexisting parent part upon creation, and will inherit the parent part's inventory quantities.
- Capital Equipment
- These are parts which are purchased, used internally, and never sold or consumed. Capital Equipment parts are typically a long-term asset to the company. Ex: company truck, forklift, etc.
- Gift Card - Electronic
- Digital gift cards do not take up physical space in the warehouse, and as a result do not have associated site or location information.
- Gift Card - Inventory
- Inventory gift cards are physical inventory which is kept in stock and take up physical space in the warehouse.
- Gift Card - Non-Inventory
- Non-inventory gift cards are not frequently stocked, and may be promotional gift cards from another company.
- Inventory parts are the most common part type. They may be sold individually or as component parts in bundle, configurable and collection part types.
- Inventory - Bundle
- A bundle is a static group of two or more inventory parts, and does not allow substitution.
- Inventory - Collection
- A collection part is a quick way to generate different variations of parts based on the attributes of the parent part. Ex: a T-shirt is sold in two colors and three sizes, so there are six individual parts which make up the collection.
- Inventory - Configurable
- A configurable part is made up of two or more inventory parts, and provide the option to substitute or add more parts to customize the order. Ex: a skateboard has different colored wheels and different deck lengths.
- These parts allow you to include the labor costs into the overall cost of a part and may be mapped to specific transactional accounts in your accounting software. Ex: including the cost of labor to assemble a configurable part.
- Non-Inventory parts are items which may not be stocked very frequently. Part tracking cannot be used with non-inventory parts. Ex: hardware.
- Overhead parts are items which represent the costs of operation, such as utility bills, machine rentals, or monthly rent. With this part, you may pass along some of these costs to the customer as you see fit.
- These parts allow you to include the service costs into the overall cost of a part and may be mapped to specific transactional accounts in your accounting software. Ex: including the cost to have your vendor paint a part for you.
- These parts allow you to include the shipping costs to orders in LOCATE, to accurately record landed costs. These parts are mapped to specific transactional accounts in your accounting software. Ex: If you purchase a shirt at $10, but there's an additional $2 in shipping, then the landed cost is $12 for that shirt, so you should charge customers accordingly.
- These parts are purchased, used internally, and never sold. Supplies are often cycled through frequently. Ex: paper, tape, boxes, etc.
Manage Account Mapping
The Account Mapping Action gives users the flexibility to map a part to specific accounts in their chart of accounts, based on the type of transaction the part undergoes. Users may choose to continue using the default account selected.
For more information about the Chart of Accounts in LOCATE, continue here.
- Open the Stock module category and select Parts.
- Navigate to the part for which you would like to set specific account mappings.
- Click the Manage menu and select Account Mapping.
- Find the appropriate account and service, and click Edit.
- Enter the name of the account, or select it from the list.
- If you are unable to find the account you would like to select, make sure that your accounting service setup is complete and active.
- Click Save.
This sub-tab allows users to specify part dimensions for packing and shipping purposes, and add UOM conversions. All fields are optional.
- The part's stocking UOM is displayed here. This UOM is determined when the part is created, and cannot be edited.
- View the part's weight in this section. To add or edit a part weight, click Edit Weight. You will only be shown UOMs of type "weight".
- View the part's sizing in this section. To add or edit a part size, click Edit Size. You will only be shown UOMs of type "length".
- To create a conversion for the Part, enter the quantity and UOM the part is to be converted to.
Manage Order Add-ons
Order Add-ons allow you to associate parts in such a way that if you add a part onto an order, another part (or parts) will be added on automatically. You may use the column headers and sorting to quickly find parts which have been added.
- Navigate to the profile page of the part for which you would like to have an add-on part.
- Open the Manage menu and select Order Add-ons.
- Order Add-on Part - Enter the part name or number that you would like to associate to the part.
- Note - Notes are optional.
- Multiplier - Enter the quantity of the add-on part that should be placed on the order. For example, if you add part A to an order, then 10 of part B should be automatically added as well.
- Click Save Add-on.
Once an add-on part has been saved, you may click Edit next to the line item or use the drop-down menu to Delete it, if necessary.
Manage Site Details/Reorder Points
This page allows users to set a site-specific default location or reorder point for a part. These settings are used in conjunction with the Auto Purchase Order function in LOCATE. For more information about Site Details and Reorder Points, continue here.
- Note: Each site can only be added to a part once. To change the information for a site already listed, simply click Edit next to that site.
- Navigate to the inventory part.
- Click the Manage drop-down menu, and select Site Details/Reorder Points.
- Site - Enter the name of the site for which this information should apply.
- Default Location - Select the default location at which this part is stocked at the site.
- Alert Note - This field is optional.
- Last Cost - Enter the last cost for the part.
- Site-specific Reorder Vendor - Choose the vendor from which the part should be reordered.
- Reorder when Level Reaches - Enter the lowest quantity to which the part should reach in stock before it is reordered.
- Reorder to Qty - Enter the highest quantity to which the part should be restocked.
- Click Add New Setting.
The new Site Details/Reorder Points will appear below.
Manage Part Substitutes
When creating an RMA (Return Order) in LOCATE, you may give the customer the option of substituting the returned part for another. This module allows you to list which parts may be substituted when processing a return. Use the column headers and sorting to easily find parts which have been added as substitutes.
- Navigate to the profile page of the part to which you would like to add a substitute.
- Open the Manage menu and select Substitutes.
- Substitute Part - Enter the part name or number of the part you would like to add as a substitute.
- Note - Notes are optional and are for internal use only.
- Set Inverse? - Select whether or not you would like the substitution to apply both ways. Ex: Substitute part A for B and B for A, or only substitute A for B.
- Click Add Substitute.
Once a substitute part has been saved, you may click Edit next to the line item or use the drop-down menu to Delete it, if necessary.
To add tracking to an inventory part, follow the steps below. Note, if you created a serialized or expirable part, this tracking field will already exist. Tracking values may only be added to parts for which there is no inventory in stock.
- Navigate to the profile page of the inventory part.
- Click the Manage drop-down menu and select Tracking.
- Field Name - Enter the name of the tracking value. For example, lot number.
- Input Type
- Text Box - Allows the user to enter a string of text, and can contain up to 65,535 characters.
- Checkbox - This will create a checkbox for the user to flag.
- Listbox - A listbox will generate a list of options from which the user can select a value. This input type requires selecting an existing Custom List.
- Date Box - This field type allows the user to enter a date or select one from the calendar drop-down. The dates are formatted in MM/DD/YY [Ex: 10/28/16]
- Interger Box -This field is formatted for whole numbers, and includes positive and negative values. [Ex: 4 or -4]
- Double Box - This field is formatted for numbers and does not allow commas. [Ex: 1235 or 1235.93]
- Auto Incrementing - This tracking value requires specifying a number format. Use the "@" character to represent alphabetical characters, and use the "#" character to represent numerical digits.
- Simple Tracking - This tracking value requires specifying a number format. Use the "@" character to represent alphabetical characters, and use the "#" character to represent numerical digits.
- Click Add Tracking.
The tracking field will display in the list below. You may Edit or Delete the tracking values with the Edit drop-down menu to the right. For more information about managing tracking fields in LOCATE, continue here.
Cloning a part maps all the details of the original part to a new part. Any part type can be cloned. The part number and inventory quantities will not be copied to the new part.
- Navigate to the part to be cloned.
- You may either:
- Open the Quick Action menu in list view and select Clone Part, OR
- Click into the part profile page, open the Actions menu and select Clone Part.
You will be redirected to the profile page of the new part.
Parts may be archived from the list view under the Quick Action Menu, or:
- Navigate to the part you would like to archive.
- Click Actions, and select Archive Part.
- When prompted, click Yes.
You may unarchive parts from the list view in the Parts Module.
- Click the Clear Filters drop-down menu in the upper left corner.
- Select Show Archived Parts.
- Parts which have been archived will be highlighted in yellow.
- You may either:
- Click the Quick Action drop-down menu, and select Unarchive Part, or
- Navigate to the part you would like to unarchive, and click Undo Archive.