Inventory parts are the most common part type. They may be sold individually or as component parts in bundle, configurable and collection part types.
Create Inventory Part
- Navigate to the Parts Module and click New (+) Part.
- Part Type - Select Inventory from the drop-down menu.
- Number - Enter a part number, or leave blank to auto-generate.
- Name - Enter the name of the part.
- Description - This is optional.
- Sale Price - Enter the unit price for this part.
- Stocking UOM - Select the appropriate unit of measure for this part. For more information about managing units of measure, continue here.
- Default Vendor - Selecting a default vendor here. For more information about vendors in LOCATE, continue here.
- Is Serialized? - Flag whether or not the part is tracked with serial numbers here. This may not be changed once the part has been created.
- Is Expirable? - Flag whether or not the part is tracked with expiration dates here. This may not be changed once the part has been created.
- Attribute Set - If the part has certain characteristics such as color or length, associate them by selecting an attribute set. If the attribute set does not already exist, use the plus (+) sign to create a new attribute set. For more information about attribute sets, continue here.
- Parent Part - Enter the part name or number of the parent part, and select it from the drop-down menu.
- Custom Fields - The available custom fields will be unique to your setup. For more information about custom fields in LOCATE, continue here.
- Click Save.
- If you are creating multiple new parts, click Save and New to be redirected to a fresh part create screen.