During implementation LOCATE customers are assigned a unique URL for their company. Individual users must be setup in LOCATE in order to successfully login with their email address and password. For instructions on creating users in LOCATE, continue here.
Note: after 10 failed attempts at logging in, your account will be locked out for 30 minutes.
An active LOCATE subscription also comes with the LOCATE Warehouse mobile application, which is available for iOS and Android devices:
When logging into the mobile application enter the company and user credentials. The company is the first portion of your LOCATE URL. For example, if your URL was "superelectronics.locateinv.com", the company would be "superelectronics".
LOCATE User Interface
LOCATE uses a tabbed layout to allow users to work in multiple modules at once all within a single browser window. Once you have logged in to LOCATE with your unique username and password, you will be directed to the LOCATE Home tab. LOCATE is organized into modules and module categories. Within each module you will find record lists, individual records and various actions and sub-tabs available for those records.
- Predictive Type-Ahead
- Information is updated and displayed in real-time. As you begin typing a Customer Name or Address, LOCATE predicts what you are typing and allows you to select the correct choice. This ensures that the information exists in LOCATE and prevents duplicates or confusion due to entry errors.
The Navigation Bar resides at the top of the LOCATE screen. Here you will find the module categories of Sales, Purchasing, Stock, Operations, Accounting, and Reports on the left. On the right side of the Navigation Bar, you will find the Setup menu, your username and site, QuickNav tool, Settings menu, Notification Inbox and Help menu. Clicking on a category group in the Navigation Bar will display a list of associated modules.
QuickNav is a search tool available on the right side of the Navigation Bar that may be used to quickly access modules or individual records in LOCATE. To open QuickNav you may either click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner, or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Space.
To search for a record in a specific module, begin typing the name of the module into the search bar. Once the name appears at the top of the list, type in a colon. Now the QuickNav tool will use the characters you enter to search that particular module.
The Help Menu in the upper right corner opens the ability to submit a feature request, submit a support ticket, or review the Wiki documentation. There are help icons throughout LOCATE's modules which will automatically direct you to the appropriate documentation page.
Selecting a module from the module categories will open the list view or work queue depending on the module type. You can open multiple module tabs and switch seamlessly between them. Right-click on the tab to access the following options:
- Close Tab - This will close only the module selected.
- Close Others - All modules, other than the one selected, will be closed.
- Sort Tabs - Modules will be rearranged into alphabetical order.
If a module is closed and reopened during the same login session, LOCATE will remember where you were as well as any filters you may have been using.
The list view is a history of records created for that module. You may use the column header filters and sorting to quickly find a specific record or set of records. You may also create new records and perform certain Quick Actions on existing records from this view.
- New Record
Using the button in the upper left corner of the module, you can create a new record (i.e. Sales Order or Pick).
- Search and Filters
Column filters are found below the header line of each column in the list view. Here you may type in the search terms for which you would like to filter. Some filters, such as Status, will provide you with a list of available search terms for that column. The results list will begin to form as you type.
- You may also sort your list by a specific column by clicking the column header. The icon to the left of the column name will indicate whether the results are sorting in ascending or descending order.
- To clear all filters and sorting, click Clear Filters.
- At the bottom of the list view, you may navigate to additional pages and specify how many records you would like to see per page. By default, LOCATE will show you 15 records per page.
- Once you've found the record you would like to access, simply click the record number hyperlinked in the list view.
- Trash Can
The Trash Can feature allows you to view and restore archived records. This feature is designated by a small trashcan icon, and is associated to multiple modules and lists throughout LOCATE, such as sales orders, customers, vendors, custom fields, and more.
Some modules in LOCATE offer CSV exports directly from the list view to quickly export records.
- For more information about exports, continue here.
- Quick Action
The Quick Action button on each line offers commonly used functions for the type of record listed. The status of the record will determine which actions are available. For example, if a sales order has been issued your Quick Action option "Issue Sales Order" will not appear.
- Linking to the Record
Each line in the list view contains various hyperlinks to help you quickly navigate between objects. For example, in the Sales Orders module, clicking the sales order number will take you to the detail view for the order. If you click the customer name, you will be redirected to the profile page for that customer in the Customers module.
Detail View or Profile Page
Opening a specific record will redirect you to the detail view or profile page, depending on the module. Records such as sales orders or purchase orders are referred to as a detail view. Records that are unique, such as customer or vendor, are referred to as profile pages. The detail view or profile page allow you to view and edit data pertaining to that record.
- Creation Screen
- When creating a new record in LOCATE, you will be prompted to complete some information prior to saving the record.
- Quick Add
- The order modules give you the option to "Quick Add" parts above the line items. Searching for parts with the Quick Add feature works as follows:
- Part Number - Searching by part number has a "starts with" wildcard search. This means that the search will return records for which the search term is found at the beginning of the part number.
- Part Name - Searching by part name has a "full" wildcard search. This will return records for which the search term is found anywhere in the part name (beginning, middle, or end).
When you have accessed the detail view or profile page, LOCATE will provide you with a compact list of records from the list view on the left portion of the screen. This list navigator retains any filters that were applied in the list view, and allows you to quickly access other related records. You may also flip through the list view pages, clear filters, or create a new record in the list navigator.
To return to the list view, click the left-facing arrow at the top of the List Navigator.
Each detail view or profile page has additional sub-tabs to organize all of the information pertaining to the record, and this is referred to as the Module Navigation Bar. The sub-tabs that are available depend on the type of record you are viewing. Clicking the record name (i.e. the Sales Order Number) will take you back to the main tab of the detail view or profile page.
- To the far right of the Module Navigation Bar is the Actions button, which contains a list of options available for that record. These may include actions to issue or unissue orders, or see the audit trail for the record. The available options depend on the type of record as well as the current status of the record.
- Deleting a Record
- When deleting a record in LOCATE, the system performs a 'soft delete' or archival, which will remove the record from view but retain the history for auditing and tracking purposes. This allows you to restore lost records as well as monitor records deleted by users.
Using the LOCATE Wiki
This Wiki is primarily divided into the various modules available in LOCATE. Individual pages contain a navigation section at the top to easily access other module pages. The search bar in the upper right may be used to find a specific subject or key word.