- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
- Attribute Sets | Carriers | Carton Types | Countries | Currency | Custom Lists | Database Users | Discounts | Email Accounts & Log | Email Templates | Fees | FOB Points | Imports | Payment Methods | Payment Terms | Pricing Rules | Printers | Salespeople | Services | Shipping Terms | Sites | Units of Measure | Use Cases | Users
Custom Lists are used to provide a set of custom options to be selected and applied to attribute sets or custom fields. Custom lists are live records which are updated throughout LOCATE when changes occur.
Custom List Profile Page
- List Name
- The full name of the custom list will be displayed here.
- List Description
- The full description of the list will be displayed here.
- List Items
- View and add list items which comprise the custom list.
The Actions menu will not be available for lists that are pre-loaded into LOCATE, as they may not be deleted.
- Delete Custom List - Removes the custom list from the list view and archives the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone in the list view.
Create Custom List
- Click New Custom List in the upper left.
- Enter the list Name and Description.
- Click Save
Now that the list has been created, you will need to add items to the list.
Add List Items
- Open the Setup menu and select Custom Lists.
- Navigate to the profile page of the custom list to which you would like to add items.
- Scroll down to the List Items Section.
- Complete the following fields:
- Name - Enter the name of the list item.
- Value - The list value allows you to translate the list item to another value for reports or service integrations. For example, if you have sizes listed on your website as S/M/L, but they need to translate into LOCATE as Small/Medium/Large, you may enter the S/M/L characters as the Value and keep Small/Medium/Large as the name. This allows LOCATE to match the values properly between the two lists.
- You may also leave the Value blank to be automatically populated to match the item Name.
- Click Add List Item.
The item should now appear listed below.
Edit/Sort List Items
List items may be edited from the custom list profile page, by clicking the Edit button to the right of the appropriate item.
You may also sort the list items into a preferred order by clicking the arrow icons to the left. This will re-arrange the item up or down, respectively.
Delete Custom List
Custom lists may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Actions Menu, or:
- Navigate to the custom list you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Custom List.
- When prompted, click Yes.