Chart of Accounts
- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
A chart of accounts is a listing of the financial accounts made available for recording transactions in the general ledger. The only accounts that will be listed in LOCATE are those that pertain to or are affected by inventory.
Important Note: This module will only populate with data if you have an active accounting service integration. Continue here for more information about accounting service integrations.
- The chart of accounts may be sorted on Account Number, Name, Type, Balance, Parent, and Service by clicking the filter heading. You can filter for accounts that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator in the Detail View.
- Click Refresh to reload the module without having to reload the entire website.
Any reports associated to the Chart of Accounts Module will appear in this sub-tab.
- For more information on associating reports, continue here.
This is a shortcut to quickly sync an accounting service without having to leave the Chart of Accounts Module.
If you've made changes directly in your accounting software, you will need to make an adjustment in LOCATE to reflect those changes.
- Navigate to the list view.
- Use the column headers and filters to find the account to balance.
- Click Balance Adjustments.
- Amount - Enter the amount to add or subtract to the current balance in LOCATE. To reduce the amount, simply enter a negative number.
- Note - Add a note, if desired.
- Click Add Adjustment.
Now the adjustment will be listed below. Click Edit or Delete to change or remove the adjustment, respectively.