- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
- Attribute Sets | Carriers | Carton Types | Countries | Currency | Custom Lists | Database Users | Discounts | Email Accounts & Log | Email Templates | Fees | FOB Points | Imports | Payment Methods | Payment Terms | Pricing Rules | Printers | Salespeople | Services | Shipping Terms | Sites | Units of Measure | Use Cases | Users
Cartons are predefined boxes or containers in which goods are to be shipped. By creating and defining the cartons here, they will be available for use in the Packing and Shipping modules.
- Carton Types may be sorted on Name, Carrier, Service Level, and Active status by clicking the filter heading. You may filter for carton types that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator on the profile page.
- Quick Action
- Delete Carton Type - Remove the carton type from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from the list view.
Carton Type Profile Page
- Carton Name
- The full name of the carton will be displayed here.
- The current active status of the carton may be selected here. A carton that is inactive will not be available for use in LOCATE.
- Here you may select a default carton type, which will automatically populate in LOCATE.
- Only one carton type may be default.
- Carton Carrier
- You may associate a specific carrier and carrier service level with the carton type.
- This may be changed manually when using the carton type for an order.
- Carton Measurements
- The height, length and width may be recorded here for the users' reference.
- A size UOM must be selected to apply measurements to the carton. For more information on size UOM, continue here.
- Carton Weight
- The carton weight limit and weight UOM may be specified here for the users' reference.
- This is the main sub-tab for the carton.
- Here you may view and edit all information pertaining to the carton.
- Delete Carton Type - Removes the carton type from the list view and archives the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone in the list view.
- Click New Carton Type in the upper left corner of the Carton Types module.
- Carton Name - A name or label for easy recognition of specific cartons.
- Carrier - If the carton is carrier specific, enter the carrier name in this field. If the carrier you are looking for does not populate, you will first need to create the carrier.
- Service Level - If the carton is specific to a carrier service level, enter the service level in this field. If the service level you are looking for does not populate, you will first need to add the service level.
- Carton Height - Carton's height dimension. This field is for reference only.
- Carton Width - Carton's width dimension. This field is for reference only.
- Carton Length - Carton's length dimension. This field is for reference only.
- Measurement UOM - Length type UOMs will be available to choose from. If another UOM is needed, you will need to add the UOM and select the Length type for the new UOM.
- Maximum Carton Weight - This is the maximum weight that may be loaded into a carton. This field is for reference only.
- Weight UOM - Weight type UOMs will be available to choose from. If another UOM is needed, you will need to add the UOM and select the Weight type for the new UOM.
- Click Save.
- If you are creating multiple carton types, click Save And New to save the current record and be redirected to create another carton type.
Set Default Carton Type
A default carton type may be flagged for the whole company, and will automatically populate when packing an order.
- Use the header filters or search fields to find the carton type.
- Click the Name hyperlink.
- Click Edit Details in the lower right corner.
- Click the Default drop-down menu and select Yes.
- Click Save.
Delete a Carton Type
Carton types may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Actions Menu, or:
- Navigate to the carton type you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Carton Type.
- When prompted, click Yes.