- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
- Attribute Sets | Carriers | Carton Types | Countries | Currency | Custom Lists | Database Users | Discounts | Email Accounts & Log | Email Templates | Fees | FOB Points | Imports | Payment Methods | Payment Terms | Pricing Rules | Printers | Salespeople | Services | Shipping Terms | Sites | Units of Measure | Use Cases | Users
Carriers provide the service of shipping goods to selected destinations. Quotes, sales orders, purchase orders, and transfer orders will use the carriers and services levels configured in this module.
- Carriers may be sorted on Name, Active status, SCAC and Default by clicking the filter headers. You may filter for carriers that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator in the detail view.
- Quick Action
- Delete Carrier - This action cannot be undone from the list detail view.
Clicking on a specific record takes you to the main profile of that carrier.
Carrier Profile Page
The carrier name will be the name of the main sub-tab. Here, you will see an overview of the carrier's details, as well as the carrier contact and service levels.
- This section will display information such as the carrier name and SCAC, active status and whether or not they are the default carrier.
- The Tracking URL allows users to click hyperlinked tracking codes during shipment to monitor the status of the shipment on the carrier's website. Simply enter the carrier's full website URL (for example, http://fedex.com).
- Carrier Contact
- One contact per carrier is permitted. This contact will not be visible in the Contacts module. Click the Edit Contact to add or modify a carrier contact.
- Service Level
- Service levels generally indicate the speed at which a shipment will be handled, such as Overnight or 3-Day Shipping. Some service levels are restricted to certain destinations as well. There is no limit to how many service levels can be added to a carrier.
Here you can view and edit the carrier name, carrier SCAC, and active status.
- Click Edit Details to modify any information.
Any custom fields pertaining to carriers will reside in this tab. Keep in mind, if a custom field is required, it will be necessary to fill out when creating a carrier.
- To learn more about custom fields, continue here.
- Click the New Carrier button at the top left of the carriers module.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Carrier Name
- Carrier SCAC - Standard Carrier Alpha Code. A two to four letter code to identify transportation companies. To learn more about SCACs, visit the NMFTA page.
- Carrier Contact - If you wish to associate a contact to the carrier, fill in the contact's first and last name, title, email, phone, and mobile phone number where applicable.
- Click Save, or Save and New to be redirected to the create screen.
- By default, the new carrier will be active. To disable a carrier's active status, navigate to the carrier's profile page and click the Edit Details button.
Add Service Level
Carrier service levels are the specific postage types the carrier offers, such as Ground or Priority. These may only be added to a carrier which already exists in LOCATE.
- Navigate to the carrier's profile page for which you would like to add a service level and click Add Service.
- Complete the following fields:
- Name - Enter the name of the service level.
- API Field Name - This field is designed to map with any service integrations that read fields directly from the API. This may be left blank to auto-complete when creating a new service level. For any standard service levels in LOCATE, this field will be locked and may not be edited.
- Active - Select whether or not this service level should be active.
- Click Add Service.
To edit a service level, simply click Edit next to the service level you would like to modify, and click Save once completed.
Carriers may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Actions Menu, or:
- Navigate to the carrier you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Carrier.
- When prompted, click Yes.