Bill of Materials
- Sales | Purchasing | Stock | Operations | Accounting | Reports | Setup | Settings
Bill of Materials are records which outline a list of parts that are consumed in order to create a desired output.
- Bill of materials records may be sorted on Number, Name, and Last Modified date by clicking the filter heading. You may filter for bills of materials that match specific criteria by typing a value in the text field or selecting an option from the drop-down list. Clicking the Clear Filters button will clear your search. Any filters that are applied in list view will carry over to the List Navigator in the detail view.
- Quick Action
- Delete Bill of Materials - Remove the bill of materials record from the list view and archive the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone from the list view.
Bill of Materials Profile Page
- The name of the bill of materials will be displayed here and may be edited at any time.
- The number of the bill of materials will be displayed here and may be edited at any time.
- The description of the bill of materials will be displayed here and may be edited at any time.
- Line Items
- View the line type, part number, part name and quantity of each part on the bill of materials.
- For more information on line items, continue here.
- The line items may be edited and managed at any time.
- View and edit all information for the bill of materials at any time.
- Here you may view all outsourced purchase order records onto which this bill of material was added.
- Metrics will be hyperlinked for easy access.
Any custom fields pertaining to a bill of materials will reside in this tab. If a custom field is required, it will be necessary to fill out when creating a sales order.
- To learn more about custom fields, continue here.
- Clone Bill of Material - Create a copy of the bill of materials record with a new name and number.
- Build to Stock - Build or assemble the items on the bill of materials ahead of time to increase efficiency upon sale.
- Delete Bill of Materials - Removes the bill of materials record from the list view and archives the record in LOCATE. This action cannot be undone in the list view.
Create Bill of Materials
- Navigate to the Bill of Materials Module and click New Bill of Material.
- Name - Enter the name of the bill of materials.
- Number - Enter a bill of materials number, or leave blank to automatically generate.
- Description - Enter a description. This field is optional.
- Custom Fields - Enter any custom fields, as desired. Note if the custom field is required it must be filled out in order to create the bill of materials.
- Click Save.
- If you are creating multiple new bills of materials, click Save and New to be redirected to a fresh bill of materials create screen.
Now you have created a bill of materials. Next, add line items:
- Select the line type:
- Input - These parts will be consumed when building the bill of materials.
- Output - These parts will be created when building the bill of materials. The cost of the input parts will be rolled into the total cost of the output parts.
- Note that a bill of materials must have at least one input and one output part on the record.
- Enter the quantity of the part that is required to fulfill the bill of materials.
- Click Add Line.
Build to Stock
- Navigate to the bill of materials record which you would like to pre-build to stock.
- Open the Actions menu and select Build to Stock.
- Select the location at which the output part(s) will be stored.
- Enter the number of times the bill of materials should be built.
- Click Build to Stock.
This will redirect you to a work order which must be completed to finish building the output part(s). For information on work orders, continue here.
Delete Bill of Materials
Bills of Materials may be deleted from the list view under the Quick Action Menu, or:
- Navigate to the bill of materials you would like to delete.
- Click Actions, and select Delete Bill of Materials.
- When prompted, click Yes.