Alias parts give you the ability to sell one part under a different name, price and description. An alias part must be associated to a preexisting parent part upon creation, and will inherit the parent part's inventory quantities.
Create Part Alias
Before you create an alias part, there must be a parent part present in LOCATE.
- Navigate to the Parts Module and click New (+) Part.
- Part Type - Select Alias from the drop-down menu.
- Number - Enter a part number, or leave blank to auto-generate.
- Name - Enter the name of the part.
- Parent Part - Enter the part name or number of the parent part, and select it from the drop-down menu.
- Description - This is optional.
- Sale Price - Enter the unit price for this part.
- Stocking UOM - Select the appropriate unit of measure for this part. For more information about managing units of measure, continue here.
- Custom Fields - The available custom fields will be unique to your setup. For more information about custom fields in LOCATE, continue here.
- Click Save.
- If you are creating multiple new parts, click Save and New to be redirected to a fresh part create screen.